【句子对照】 Timothy is really down-to-earth; if you want some advice, you ought to talk to him. 蒂姆是个很讲求实际的人。如果你需要一些建议,应该和他谈谈。 【关键俚语】 Down-to-earth 英:Someone who is sensi

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

TEXT It is humorous essay. But after reading it you will surely find that the author is most serious in writing it. Ts There Life on Earth? There was great excitement on the planet of Venus this week. For the first time Venusian scientists managed to

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语精读第二册

Lesson 55:From the earth: Greetings 来自地球的问候 Listen to the tape then answer the question below. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 Which life forms are most likely to develop on a distant planet? Recent developments in astronomy have

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(400) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第三册

I Feel The Earth Move I feel the earth move under my feet I feel the sky tumbling down I feel my heart start to trembling Whenever you're around Oh baby When I see your face Mellow as the month of May Oh darling I cant stand it When you look at me th

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

Down to Earth Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. Every week at this time, we tell about popular American words and expressions. Some of these are very old. Some are new. Together, they form the living speech of the American

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

On Parallel Earth, everyone knows who the good guys are. Everyone knows who the bad guys are. On Parallel Earth, everyone has two colored halos over his head. Newborns have two blank halos. As people grow older, they do and say good things and bad th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

JUDY WOODRUFF: Finally tonight: Yesterday was Earth Day, with celebrations around the globe. Hari Sreenivasan talked recently to a geologist who is also the host of a new film. And he's traveled the globe looking for ways human ingenuity has solved t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

Scott Stearns President Bush marked Earth Day with a new program to better protect American wetlands. The president's presumptive Democratic challenger, Massachusetts Senator John Kerry said that Mr.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. This Saturday night at eight thirty, all the lights will be shut off at the Tokyo Tower in Japan. The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and the Eiffel Tower in Paris are also expected to go dark. So is the

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

请保护大自然!~ 崇高的敬意!看过MV之后,你会觉得震撼! What about sunrise What about rain What about all the things That you said we were to gain.. . What about killing fields Is there a time What about all the things That yo

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

FAITH LAPIDUS: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember. Scientists who study the Earth tell us that the continents and ocean floors are always moving. Sometimes, this movement is violen

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Earths Arctic Ice Disappears, Scientists Study Nearest Exoplanet Each year, more ice disappears from the Arctic Ocean. A new study blames human activity for the loss. The damage is caused, the study says, by greenhouse gases coming from vehicles, air

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(410) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Rachel: So Steven, we've been talking about Costa Rica and how beautiful nature is there and how important it is to preserve it. What do you do in your life to save the environment or to protect the environment? Steven: It's almost daily that I think

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Why Didn't Earth Freeze Completely? Research published in the July 2 issue of Nature reveals one reason our planet didn't succumb to an enveloping ice sheet during glacial ages. Christie Nicholson reports. [The following is an exact transcript of th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. Scientists who study the Earth tell us that the continents and ocean floors are always moving. Sometimes, this movement is violent and mig

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

down-to-earth 踏实谦逊 今天要学的习惯说法由三个单词合成,中间都用连词符号相连。这个复合词是:down-to-earth。earth是大地的意思,down-to-earth这个习惯说法往往用来说某一种人,表现他们什么样

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

BEIJING, Nov. 7 (Xinhuanet) -- A huge asteroid will pass closer to Earth than the moon on Tuesday, but experts say there is no cause for alarm. Asteroid 2005 YU 55 will pass about 300-thousand kilometers from the earth. The giant space rock is about

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

We can go for miles after midnight Tracing every shadow 'til the daylight Going off the edge just to feel what it's like What it's like, what it's like You wanna go right, you wanna go left You know I don't mind (oh oh oh) My feet on the edge and I c

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Soil、earth、ground和land都可以表示地面,但这四个词的用法有很大的区别。一起来看看吧! soil意为:泥土、土壤,尤指生长植物的土地。或国家、国土。 The trees have rooted in the rich soil. 树木在肥

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

NASA has announced that an Asteroid will pass closer to Earth than the TV satellites that surround the planet. NASA says that the celestial visitor has no chance of impacting the Earth and is known as 2012 DA14. A group of amatuer astronomers discove

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下